Thursday, March 7, 2013

It’s not who she is but who she can be…

December 2011 - Christmas Party
I am not a teacher by profession but I have experienced 4 happy and momentous years of being with children, parents and Co teachers  – that was a very rare opportunity, all by God’s grace.

I started teaching at the age of 19, nervous at first but I know I was really excited.
I know it was indeed God’s plan – I had a word from Him and was guided from the very beginning.
But that was not an easy decision, I kept on resisting.


Is this really your will Lord? Yes or No? I’ve battled with that thought.

These are the things I’ve pondered:
• Teaching is a noble profession, teachers’ skills are exceptional!
• No one touches the future like teachers routinely do – this will be a great fulfillment.
• Try! It’s God’s way to mold and teach me to love people even more.
• By God’s grace, it will be enjoyable!

Another reminder was the Parable of the Talents, Matthew 25:14-30
To sum it up: Three men were given talents by their master. The first two received five and two talents of money which they are put to good use and doubled their money. The third man chose to bury his because he was afraid to lose it. The master called his stewards to account on his return. He applauded the first two but upbraided the third.

So, I realized - this is my starting position and I said YES to God and to the calling! At the back of my mind, I’m afraid to be scolded by God if I will not maximize and explore the skills that He has entrusted me. In the long run, it was all for God’s glory!

My journey through teaching has thought me numerous lessons and experiences that justify saying YES to God was of great purpose. I enjoyed being with young minds: talked and thought like a kid – had long discussions with their parents and most of all loving these kids like mine.

Yes, not a teacher by profession but I became a mother (young mom), companion and supporter of many mankind.

Left teaching with fulfillment in me, I know I left something.. Not a perfect one but did things with great love. The good thing is, I still communicate with my bebes. They are indeed a manifestation of God’s generosity in giving wonderful opportunities -  ie. to love and be loved!

This is the challenge...
Are you willing to stretch yourself to seek, obey, learn, experience variety of things and  do more than what you know and are already capable of doing now? Do you believe that God has a wonderful plan for your life?

Let's learn to listen to His instructions and act according to His perfect will. Pray fervently to recognize His purpose. The more we seek the more we find.
All of our days are held in God's hands - crafted into His perfect plans.
We can be a clay that is surrendered to the Potter's hand!



We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
Romans 12:6-8
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment